Gabala nut processing plantGabala nut processing establishment began its activity since September 2005. Fully supplied with modern manufacturing equipments and corresponding to world and European standards establishment is situated at Gabala region, which is the one of the important nut regions of Azerbaijan Republic. At present has applied a system of Analysis of Critical Points and Control of Safety Factors (HACCP). Mainly hazelnuts purchased from people. The establishment consists of following key sectors:
1. Receiving point and sector of mechanical cleaning with area of 1300 sq.m
2. Drying area. 250 tone of nut in shell is drying per 15 hour.
3. Area for sifter of nutshell (16 linear sift system)
4. Cracking sector, consist of two erections for splitting and four erection for cleaning of nut kernel from shell.
5. Area for sifter of nut kernel (8 linear sift system)
6. Four belt selection sector
7. Packing sector
8. Store house for finished commodity with the area of 750 sq.m.
During working to capacity 250 employees are working at establishment. The commodities processing at establishment includes following indexes:
1. Appearance - normally matured, undamaged nut kernel
2. Taste and aroma - correspond to specific nut kernel
3. Average mass of kernel - no less than 0,8 gr
4. Humidity no less than 4% and more than 6%.
5. Kernel size - round shape with diameter of 9-11: 11-13: 13-15 mm
6. Quantity ofof shriveled, immature kernels -to 1%
7. Quantity of braked and mechanically damaged kernels - up to 2%. Quantity of kernels having bitter taste, mouldy and yellowed inside - to 1%. Nutshell available in kernel and quantity of other foreign matter up to 2%.
8. Presence of lively insects - unallowable Finished products are packed in 1 tone packets, 30 - kilograme polypropylene, 80 kilogram fabric bags specially knitted for nut kernel and 25 polyethylene vacuum packages (vacuum packages placed in cardboard boxes). Processed products are imported to Germany, Italy, Spain and other European countries as well as Russia and Ukraine.